Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sewing: Marker or Crayon Holder

I was searching for a creative way to haul markers or crayons around. After some time skimming Pinterest for a good tutorial (there were none) I winged it and came up with this beauty.

I didn't take any more pictures of it being made but I can recap my general steps.
Take whatever you want to haul (markers, crayons, etc) and measure it the long way. Multiply that number times 3 then add a little smudge. Couple inches. That is the up and down measurement. 
The other way I guesstimated about 1.5 inches per marker, x12markers = 18 inches. I cut it 19 inches to have a 1/2" seam allowance.
Then I cut a piece of quilt batting in a rectangle the size of the finished unit (18"x10" or so). Perfection not required.
Then I folded my fabric square right sides together into thirds. The 1st and 2nd third are the backing. Then the last third I folded in half as the pocket for the markers.  Then flip it right side out. Measure out every 1.5" and sew up the edges and slats.
Sew your ribbon on or however you want it to close.

Good luck! I'll take more pictures next time!

Www.facebook.com/kidsknithats


No comments:

Post a Comment