Friday, May 31, 2013

Sewing: Sun Hat

I found a phenomenal pin with perfect timing. Just as the Minnesota seasons changed from perpetual winter to hot summer my daughter needed a new hat. Why purchase a hat when we can make one!?  At first I thought this was not enough information but it turned out great. (http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/baby-sun-hat.html) I used beautiful and wacky fabric for both sides. She doesn't always smile but it shows how well the hat fits! I can make them out of 2 fat quarters which makes fabric shopping incredibly fun! If you sent them to me I'd make the hat off of the measurement for $10 OR I can find some fabric and make the hat for you for $15!  Either way I prefer the measurements of the intended head so we can make it fit perfectly all season.




Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kidsknithats
or Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/kidsknithats

No comments:

Post a Comment